Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Art Of A ComeBack - Kim Clijsters

Kim Clijsters

The Belgian tennis star isn’t the first female athlete to take a timeout from her career to start a family, but she might have made one of the most triumphant returns to sports ever.

Just 18 months after the birth of her daughter, Kim Clijsters won the 2009 U.S. Open, becoming the first unseeded player to capture the title and the first mother to win a major tennis championship in almost 30 years.

Who can forget watching Clijsters raise her trophy while little Jada toddled around the court?

“I think motherhood makes you mentally stronger,” Clijsters says. “I love my sport and I train hard. I hope I am showing that you can have your own life and still be a good mother and a good wife.”

What an inspiration to women everywhere.






No comments:

Post a Comment